Online Chat

Sage Advice from a Young Shaman Priest!

Wednesday, 2024-10-16, 1:25 AM
Logged in as Guest | Group "Guests"  Welcome Guest
Home | My profile | RSS | Logout | Private Messages |
Welcome to Pagan Whispers: Sage Advice from a Young Shaman Priest!

Herbal Remedies by Asa Hershoff N.D. and Andrea Rotelli N.D. - Forum
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Ribbit  
Herbal Remedies by Asa Hershoff N.D. and Andrea Rotelli N.D.
RibbitDate: Saturday, 2012-03-17, 9:10 PM | Message # 1
Fianna Faiil
Group: High Priest
This book is one of the best books that I have read and use in my everyday practice of Naturopathic Medicine and Herbalism. As part of its caption says, “A concise reference to understanding and using herbal medicine”, this book really offers a unique method of helping one use herbs and making herbal remedies.

It offer’s not only an organized method of teaching one about herbs and remedies but also utilizes visual representations as well for those who learn more so than just from reading. It starts off with many basic aspects of herbalism with a how to use herbs section, then leads into a section that categorizes herbs by individual body systems with visual representations. The next section is an A-Z index on a wide variety of common ailments and lists each herb that can help remedy such ailments. The next section covers each herb by Standardization, Dosage, and Safety. Listing each herb in detail, giving a brief history of each herb, the standard dosage instructions, and then any safety or advisory warnings such as adverse reactions, and or toxic qualities etc. Finally the book concludes with a Herb resource section for herbalists that includes lists of herbal suppliers across the united states, schools and places of training for Naturopathic medicine and herbalism, and so on.

A unique feature that this book offers, is that in the A-Z index of conditions that lists herbs for each condition/ailment is that the herbs are graded allowing one to pick and choose the herbs that would be most effective and potent to cure or aid such condition. The grading system uses a series of one to three asterisks (*, **, ***) denoting its effectiveness. One asterisk denotes good usefulness, two asterisks denote very good, and three asterisks denote superior usefulness. This is by far the most helpful and beneficial feature this book offers. The book also has an Herbal reading list to further aid one is his/her study of Herbalism and Naturopathic medicine, which also is listed on the same asterisk grading scale.

As a practitioner of Naturopathic Medicine and an Herbalist myself I have to give this book a five-star rating. I use this book everyday in my studies and practices, more so than many of the other books that I have on Herbs and Herbal Medicine. I also recommend this book as number one on my preferred reading lists.

Many Blessings and Light,

~Ribbit

• Page 1 of 1
Search:

Protected by Copyscape Duplicate Content Tool
free html visitor counters
hit counter